Leading innovative teams
I try to cultivate organizations so that team members feel a sense of pride and identity, leaders learn and develop, and unexpected new ideas emerge.
As a leader, the recipe for a great innovative team isn’t surprising or secret:
- Focus on hiring people who are curious, smart, creative, and kind.
- Encourage curiosity and development of deep expertise.
- Create opportunities for shared wins.
- Give and receive feedback graciously and with compassion.
- Ensure a meaningful mission.
- Communicate simply and clearly.
- Maintain humility and a sense of humor.
But it’s still a lot of work. :)